Student Research Projects
Research Assistant Opportunities
- Staff, Jeremy, Alyssa Yetter, Kelsey Cundiff, Nayan G. Ramirez, Mike Vuolo, and Jeylan T. Mortimer. 2019. “Is Teenage Employment Still a Risk Factor for High School Dropout?” Journal of Research on Adolescence 30(2):406-422. https://doi.org/10.1111/jora.12533
- Ragan, Daniel T., D. Wayne Osgood, Nayan G. Ramirez, James Moody, and Scott Gest. 2019. “A Comparison of Peer Influence Estimates from Stochastic Actor Based Models and from Conventional Regression Approaches.” Sociological Methods and Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/0049124119852369
- Jacobsen, Wade C., Garrett T. Pace, and Nayan G. Ramirez. 2019. “Punishment and Inequality at an Early Age: Exclusionary Discipline in Elementary School.” Social Forces 97(9):973-998. https://doi.org/10.1093/sf/soy072
- Ramirez, Nayan G. Accepted. “The Role of Adolescent Friendship Networks on Queer Youth’s Delinquency.” In Queering Criminology in Theory and Praxis: Re-Imaging Justice in the Criminal Legal System and Beyond, edited by Carrie L. Buist & Lindsay Kahle. Bristol, UK: Bristol University Press.
- Staff, Jeremy, Nayan G. Ramirez, and Kelsey Cundiff. 2017. “The Vanishing Teenage Worker in the United States.” Pp. 154-176 in Young People’s Development and the Great Recession: Uncertain Transitions and Precarious Futures, edited by Ingrid Schoon & John Bynner. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. https://doi.org/10.1017/9781316779507.008
- Staff, Jeremy, Nayan G. Ramirez, and Michael Vuolo. 2014. “The Transition to Adulthood Matters.” Pp. 137-146 in Diverging Destinies: Families in an Era of Increasing Inequality, edited by Paul Amato, Alan Booth, Susan McHale, & Jennifer Van Hook. New York: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-08308-7_10
- Posey, Brianne M., Nayan G. Ramirez, and Katherine Lorenz. 2020. “Not Just a Few ‘Bad Apples’: Systemic Issues Create Police Violence.” CSUN Today, June 12.